Best WordPress Hosting 2021
Where to host your WP website is an important decision. A good and reliable WordPress hosting provider is critical to run your online business smoothly. Excellent speed, stunning uptime guarantee, and great customer support are some of the features you should look for in a WP hosting.
You may have in mind a few questions…
- Who has the best-managed WordPress hosting, also known as WP hosting?
- Who provides unlimited WP hosting?
- And who has the best WordPress hosting in the US and UK? (Actually, all of the WordPress hosts who will be discussed here, rank highly in both the US, the UK as well as in most of the countries across the world.)
The team of TemplateTester has selected the best hosting for WordPress for your quick reference…
In the beginning, WordPress was primarily a tool used to create blogs, as opposed to more traditional websites.
Nowadays, as a result of changes to the core code, as well as WordPress’ extensive number of plugins and themes, you can create any type of website using WordPress. Therefore, an adequate web hosting provider is important.
The following analysis will give you the information you need to determine which is the best WordPress hosting provider for your website.
Do not be surprised if in time you will see a change in our ranking. We keep on testing WP hosting services and we update our list accordingly.
Best Hosting for WordPress
Bluehost WordPress hosting is also worthy of your attention when considering the best WordPress hosting providers.
Bluehost is a popular web hosting service with small business owners and bloggers. They are hosting over 2 million websites and they belong to the Endurance International Group (EIG), who also own HostGator.
In one recent study, they had a 12-month average uptime of 99.99% and a load time of 406ms. This translates into them being a most reliable web host with only 1 hour of downtime per year. They also have 24/7 customer service available for any questions you might have regarding website set-up.
The Bluehost web hosting for WordPress has;
- strong uptime and load time
- site transfer service
- free domain name
- and is recommended by WordPress.org.
These reliable and powerful features come at a cost, though. Prices start at $2.75 per month, but they include a free domain name (for 1-year) plus site migration with new accounts. Further, there is no option to pay monthly.
Bluehost has many outstanding features worthy of mentioning.
- You receive unmetered bandwidth with all accounts. The starter plan comes with 100 email accounts. Both the Plus plan and the Business Pro plan offer unlimited email accounts.
- It is easy to set up an online store with Bluehost, which offers many different shopping carts: Zen, Cube, Agora, and OS Commerce.
- It comes with SSL security for your transactions, a free SSL certificate, and OpenPGP/GPG Encryption.
- No doubt, security is important to you. That being the case, security is an area where Bluehost excels. Included are three layers of anti-spam protection in the form of Spam Experts, Spam Hammer, and Apache Spam Assassin. It also includes protection for your inbox, making it easy to set up filters and password-protected directories.
- If you need to block access to your site, you have the option to blacklist IP addresses.
- Another favorable feature is secure shell (SSH) access. This allows you to access configuration files individually and securely.
- Bluehost also offers single-click integration with CloudFlare, which provides even more excellent security features and has the benefit of speeding up your site. Additionally, CloudFlare is particularly effective at thwarting DDOS attacks.
Following are some drawbacks of Bluehost;
- While there are many useful add-ons available, unfortunately, you need to install many of them to get the full functionality you desire.
- The customer service team gets mixed reviews, some good, some not so good.
- Bluehost loves to try to up-sell its customers, which can get to be annoying if you are on a tight budget.
- Lastly, there is no option to pay monthly with their price plans.
In summation, if you’re looking for a WordPress host with a solid reputation, that is more than simple web hosting, Bluehost has a lot to offer
Read: Bluehost Review
Since 2004, SiteGround has grown to a web hosting network of over 800,000 domain names around the world. It offers shared hosting, WordPress hosting, cloud hosting, and dedicated hosting plans. To those starting out, their shared hosting plans are often a perfect fit for their needs, making SiteGround one of the best web hosting for beginners.
What are the costs? SiteGround offers 3 different shared hosting plans:
The Startup plan is great for beginners who have only one website to host. The GrowBig plan is what most people use, as it offers a balance between features and price. The GoGeek plan is strictly reserved for advanced users who really need all those extra features that a normal user would not make use of.
These plans range in price from about $4 a month to about $15 a month.
Here are some of the advantages that make SiteGround one of the best hosting companies.
- Super-fast servers: All SiteGround servers are highly optimized for speed. To make sure that your site is fast, their servers are equipped with latest hardware like SSD drives and custom software.
- Siteground customer support is an amazing feature. They offer 24/7 support by phone or live chat, as well as ticket-based support. SiteGround’s support is truly beginner-friendly. When you need vital assistance, you won’t have to wait to get in touch with their support center. This point is a strong argument for SiteGround possibly being the best WordPress hosting for beginners.
- Siteground also offer managed WordPress hosting and all their shared hosting plans include dedicated support for WordPress sites.
- Free CDN and SSL. They offer instant setup of Cloudflare’s free CDN and free SSL certificate from Let’s Encrypt.
- Multiple Server Locations They have data centers in three continents. You will be able to choose the location that you prefer during sign-up.
What are the cons to SiteGround?
- SiteGround bills yearly, and your initial purchase can be between one and three years. SiteGround discounts your first purchase, which means that you can get high-quality hosting for up to three years at a very low cost. However, the renewal prices are significantly higher.
- The hosting interface is not the easiest, and casual users may not be able to quickly see many helpful features.
- The built-in caching solution has a learning curve, which the WordPress plugin helps with, but does not solve.
After reading this SiteGround review, you might be wondering if SiteGround is the right choice for your website?
If you want fast and reliable website hosting service with great customer support, then SiteGround is perfect for you. They have hosting plans with great features for every budget
Read SiteGround Review…
If you are looking for reliability, A2 Hosting is one of the best web hosting providers available. For more than a decade, this hosting company has prided themselves in delivering a high-speed performance with top-quality developer tools. They have a reliable uptime (guaranteed 99.9% uptime) and this company is known to be reputable for its ultimate speed performance.
They have an outstanding customer satisfaction rating and they advertise proudly that all A2 Hosting staff speaks fluent English.
As Hosting Pros
- Free support via phone, live chat and email – 24/7/365.
- Prime or Prime+SSD (Solid State Drive) choices. They also offer free solid-state drives (SSD).
- The average load time of pages is 1.9 seconds. One of the single most important features demanded by companies today is super-fast site loading times. A2 Hosting turbo servers promise up to 20X faster page loads compared to standard hosting.
- Unlimited bandwidth/data transfer and unlimited data storage, with free site migration.
- Unlimited email accounts.
- Free server rewind back-ups, for added security.
- They offer Windows servers, which not every hosting service does.
- An anytime money-back guarantee.
A2 Hosting is not the cheapest company around, but its prices are only slightly higher than other similar companies. However, one of the standout features is the anytime money-back guarantee, which is very unusual and allows you to choose A2 relatively risk-free.
A2 Hosting Cons
There are also some frustrations with A2 Hosting.
- A2 Hosting comes with aggressive upsells trying to get you to purchase all sorts of features that you might not need. While most users already have an idea of what they need or don’t need, beginners might be confused or easily overwhelmed by all the premium features presented at the check-out.
- Additionally, there is the complaint by some that they should have a lot more information on their website—an expanded knowledge base, more webinars or video tutorials. Because of these two mentioned reasons, A2Hosting may have some troublesome aspects, especially for beginners.
At the end of the day, A2 Hosting is definitely one of the better affordable WordPress hosts. They have an impressive uptime, an amazing fast load time, and great professional support
Read A2 Hosting review…
HostGator is known as one of the best WordPress hosting services. It is a popular web hosting company that hosts millions of domains.
In fact, they host over 8 million domains and are one of the most popular web hosts in the industry.
With just 1-click, WordPress can be installed. It prides itself with a 99.9% uptime guarantee. It is certainly among the fastest WordPress hosting there is. Additionally, it has 24/7 customer support, which is a crucial element for every website owner.
HostGator offers both monthly and annual billing options for all its hosting plans. Signing up for a long-term plan usually provides the biggest cost savings as plans billed annually receive discounts.
To be fair, we must inform you though, that like many other hosting companies who offer large discounts when signing up, HostGator will raise the price once your bill is up for renewal. Of course, this isn’t only the case with HostGator. This is a common practice for almost all budget hosting.
Yet, a very welcomed difference that HostGator offers, is not just a standard 30-day money-back guarantee. Rather, HostGator allows up to 45 days with a money-back guarantee. Yes, a 45-day WordPress hosting free trial.
Most other web hosts do not offer such a long trial period. But with HostGator, you have an extra two weeks or so to determine for sure if they are what you have been looking for, before committing to a one-to-three-year contract.
It’s important to note, that in addition to the fact that you must cancel your account within 45 days of purchase, there are other restrictions and limitations which apply to HostGator’s money back guarantee.
Let’s touch on some worthwhile features of HostGator.
- They will happily assist you with relocating an existing website over to their services for free. This is only applicable for a period of 30-days after the initial sign-up. HostGator WordPress hosting makes it simple to buy and manage domains from a single, intuitive interface.
- If security is important to you as it should, then this will be noteworthy. With their premium plans, you’ll enjoy automated daily database backups, automatic malware removal and a free SSL certificate for processing website transactions. HostGator is also protected against DDoS attacks.
- As an added perk of registering a domain with HostGator, site owners who opt into the host’s Domain Privacy Protection are shielded from spam and identity theft by keeping identities private and out of the public Whois directory.
This HostGator WordPress hosting review would not be fair if we did not identify some cons too.
- Server usage limitations. In truth, all unlimited hosting offers are limited by a long list of server usage limitations. HostGator, because it is a for-profit business too, is not exceptional on this matter. Your account could potentially be suspended or terminated for excessive usage of HostGator server.
- As discussed earlier, when the renewal comes due, the fees are higher than when you first signed up.
- HostGator does not offer a free domain.
For those looking for a simple and inexpensive shared hosting solution, HostGator is certainly an option to consider
Best WordPress Web Hosting – Final Comments
No doubt before reading this web hosting analysis you were asking yourself — how do I know whether Bluehost or HostGator is the best WordPress hosting for my website?
Or, is SiteGround or A2 Hosting the best site host for WordPress? Trying to determine who is the best-managed WordPress hosting provider is a formidable task.
Since there are so many options available for WordPress optimized hosting, it can be difficult to choose. Through this WordPress hosting comparison and evaluation, you are now more equipped to determine for yourself which is the best WordPress hosting for your website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?